Things we're reading today include:
- MPs condemn Barclays gag on Guardian over tax papers (Guardian)
- UniCredit seeks €4bn aid (Financial Times)
- Armed guards at AIG offices after death threats over bonuses (Times)
- IBM eyes Sun Microsystems for $6.5bn (Times)
- City watchdog reveals plan for financial overhaul (Independent)
- Financial products could be banned in banking overhaul (Telegraph)
- FSA's Lord Turner must not forget that the City is key to defeating recession (Telegraph)
- World Bank warns China can't make up for collapse in Western demand (Telegraph)
and I cannot believe how far Japan is pushing the envelope in robotics with the launch of Honda's Robot Girl yesterday:
in case you're wondering the chap in the glasses told her to look surprised and then angry.
Next he'll be asking her to put some clothes on!