Further to the launch of the Clearing and Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG) in the spring (read more here), the Subject Groups have been meeting regularly and have progressed towards building a regulatory risk model to test the impact of new regulations on clearing and settlement infrastructures.
This will be discussed in depth at our next plenary meeting which will take place on Tuesday 11th December at the offices of Kemp Little, Cheapside House, 138 Cheapside, City of London, EC2V 6BJ.
The meeting will start at 2pm and is planned to finish by 5.30pm, with the current agenda as follows:
2:15 Updates from Risk and Regulation Subject Groups from Chairs
2:45 Discussion of EMIR implications for post-trade services, with:
- Giuseppe Ballocchi, Head of Financial Engineering and Risk Analytics at the Trading Division of Pictet & Cie
- John Fortescue, VP Prime Services, Credit Suisse Securities Europe
- Dave Grace, Post-Trade Securities Strategy, Global Operations, Barclays Bank
4:00 Updates from Market Infrastructures and Standards Subject Group Chairs
4:30 An Overview of the Current State of Legal Entity Identifiers (LEI) Standards:
- Mark Davies, Head of the Legal Entity Identifier initiative, DTCC
4:50 Debate about LEIs between:
- Mark Davies and Graeme Austin, CEO of ISITC Europe
5:15 Call to action
To attend, please register at: Winter Plenary Meeting
By way of background, we have four Subject Groups:
- The Market Infrastructures Subject Group
- The Risk Subject Group
- The Regulation Subject Group
- The Standards Subject Group
Each Subject Group has developed specific frameworks to model the implications of change from the European Market Infrastructures Regulation (EMIR), along with other changes introduced by the FSA, European Commission, the Bank of International Settlements (BIS) BaselCommittee and more.
Our plenary meetings are open for anyone to attend at no charge. Following these meetings, further subject group meetings will take place in January, with the next planned plenary session to take place in March 2013.