Things we're reading today include …
- Chancellor George Osborne 'urged to split RBS into good bank and bad bank'
- RBS split – Sir Mervyn King's final sting in the tail?
- Government braced for September deadline on resolving future of RBS
- James Moore: George Osborne probably won't even have to play a shot to keep out RBS googly
- HSBC in dock for 'flouting US laws on mortgage foreclosures'
- MPs threaten Dame Clara Furse appointment to FPC
- Liberty Reserve 'criminals' move on
- EU delays vote on managers' bonus payments
- Barclays executive accused of lying in £140m case