Things we're reading today include …
- James Moore: The US Department of Justice is gunning for HSBC. Why aren't we?
- RBS reports £3.5bn loss as boss forgoes £1m share allowance
- Barings' collapse was the start of the City's cultural decline
- Watch: HSBC boss Stuart Gulliver apologises to MPs over Swiss bank claims
- Morgan Stanley made a Hunger Games parody a year ago – and now it's been leaked
- TSB grabs half a million customers as profits rise
- Standard Chartered chief and chairman to leave in dramatic director exodus