Happy New Year, and here’s what we’re reading today …
- Last chance saloon for Deutsche Bank as investors eye full-year results
- Dealing with an existential question: What is a bank?
- Bank of England could issue its own Bitcoin-style currency within a year cutting out the need for high street banks
- PwC ‘fell short’ on averting one of the biggest US bank collapses
- Europe begins countdown to day of the Mifid
- Global business confidence at record high – but Brexit uncertainty weighs heavily on British companies
- Financial services among worst for UK gender pay gap