There’s a fascinating roundtable discussion in Prospect Magazine this month.
The discussion features:
- Jonathan Ford, Deputy Editor of Prospect and Chair of the discussion;
- Anatole Kaletsky, Economic Commentator and Associate Editor of
- George Soros, Chairman of Soros Fund Management;
- Mark Hannam, an independent who has previously worked for the Bank of
England, Citibank and Barclays;
- Martin Wolf, Chief Economics Commentator at the Financial Times; and
- Sir John Gieve, Deputy Governor for Financial Stability at the Bank of
England who stepped down shortly after this discussion took place.*
In light of Sir John Gieve’s departure, George Soros’s regular and outspoken
depressing comments about the credit crunch, and the regular
Economists’ Forum in
the Financial Times led by Martin Wolf, this was bound to be an
It was, with George Soros saying we should shoot the directors of Bear Stearns and Citigroup.