Things we're reading today include …
- HSBC to shed up to 50,000 jobs, slash investment bank
- HSBC to shed 50,000 jobs in quest for higher payouts
- HSBC to cut 8,000 jobs in the UK
- Job cuts overshadow HSBC’s push into Asia
- HSBC has a new plan. Will it work?
- HSBC Q&A: The rationale behind the bank's restructuring
- Has HSBC already decided to leave the UK?
- George Osborne backs bank levy despite HSBC's threat to leave Britain
And, in other news:
- Ex-NYSE head backs blockchain start-up
- LatAm: more bank accounts, little used
- Nothing says 'Anarchy In The UK' like the Sex Pistols on a Virgin Money credit card
- China's rebalancing act will require major reform of the banking system
- Iceland: The economy that came in from the cold?
- Most Apple Pay payments 'capped'
- Barclays wins case over loans to lawyers
- Bank of Japan's Sato warns of diminishing returns from monetary easing program
- Britain's £100bn-a-year money-laundering problem: out of 14,000 tip-offs, police acted forcefully on seven