Things we’re reading today include …
- Is your account safe?
- Banks issue new sort codes in ringfencing of high street operations
- China’s bank regulator lets crackdown deadline slip over stability worries
- Australian bank: Buggy software made us miss money laundering scam
- Consumer spending suffers longest decline in four years, raising hopes interest rates will be held
- Deutsche Bank tumbles down private bank rankings after tough 2016
Today’s Financial Times:
- UK’s challenger banks face fresh headwinds
- Bankers’ pay closely tied to deregulation
- UK’s peer-to-peer lenders to be asked to reveal past defaults
- Death of retirement: Can the UK afford the state pension?
- US haul from credit crisis bank fines hits $150bn
- The ‘haves and have-mores’ in digital America