Things we’re reading today include …
- Australia’s big four banks and AMP have had to pay or offer $222m to customers
- Barclays criticised by competition watchdog for failing again to tell customers about PPI costs
- Do we still want to democratise finance?
- Where did it all go wrong for Wonga?
- Facebook in talks with banks to expand customer service
- HSBC boss John Flint warns of US-China trade war risks after results fail to impress City
- HSBC to pay $765m over toxic bond sales in run-up to financial crisis