This week’s main blog stories include …
For years, we’ve talked about banks having a spaghetti systems structure aligned to a line of business product-centric organisation, that focuses upon the internal sales process rather than the customer. It’s true, but it’s due to the longevity of many banks. Some banks are over …
I got a bit itchy during the weekend and ended up sitting and writing about bitcoin, dogecoin, crypto and more. It all started when I caused a twitter debate by posting this tweet: Highly recommended for central banks and governments pic.twitter.com/K880JWavCD — Chris Skinner (@Chris_Skinner) …
I was talking with an AML guy this morning. That’s anti-money laundering, for those unfamiliar. AML. Might as well call it MAL, as in the French word mal, as AML is bad. It’s really bad. It doesn’t work. So, why bother? Well, banks have to …
Building on my AML – or is that MAL? – blog, I was thinking about the cost of compliance and all of those 1000’s of people working in such functions. Then I was thinking that they are completely ineffective. I always remember presenting to a …
I’ve recently contributed to an Oracle report, providing the foreword – the report can be downloaded here – and highlights how data is changing the financial services landscape, and how banks can: thrive in the face of ravenous competition from digital banks, fintechs and tech …
This week’s main headlines include (via Citadel Advantage) …
Interesting to know
- Cybercrime – Was this the most daring bank theft ever attempted?
- NatWest will not accept corporate customers who deal in cryptocurrencies
- 8 Ways to Leverage the Internet of Things in Utilities
- What Can Smart Tech Be Used For?
Banks & Credit Unions
- UK Bank NatWest Bars Businesses That Accept Crypto
- Banks decide their place on the Citi-Goldman spectrum
- Nigerian banks’ dominance of their home turf is virtually unparalleled
- Forget the piggy bank, Till Financial’s kids’ spend management app gets Gates’ backing
- Machine learning, explained
- Embedded Fintech Versus Embedded Finance: Jumpstarting New Product Innovation In Banks
- Internet of Things — Leap towards a hyper-connected world
- Top 8 IoT applications and examples in business
- Is the Coronavirus Killing Off Cash?
- COVID-19 pushed real-time payments to jump 41% in 2020, study finds
- 3 ways CISOs can align cybersecurity to business goals
- Marijuana is becoming more accepted. Will cybersecurity employers play along?
- A botnet named after Prometheus jumps is also exploiting Exchange Server flaws
- Nation-state cyber attacks could lead to cyber conflict