This week’s main blogs include …
We talk a lot these days about neobanks, challenger banks, bank disrupters, bank disintermediation, banks will fail and such like. I have a contrarian view, for a change, and believe that any start-up that challenges a bank will fail. As I say, it’s a contrarian …
I’ve not talked much about bitcoin on the blog lately, but I have tweeted a lot about it. The key take-away? It’s not going away. People have said bitcoin is dead thousands of times. In fact, there’s a website dedicated to the subject, tracking and …
I read Jamie Dimon’s shareholder letter with interest this week. His message does not read like a shareholder letter from a banker … Banks “are facing extensive competition from Silicon Valley, both in the form of fintechs and Big Tech companies (Amazon, Apple, Facebook, …
Welcome to the World of Next A few years ago, a friend of mine had an idea. It was to create a digital exchange between anything that anyone believed was of value. You may value USD, €, CN¥ or other currencies. Equally you may value …
I blogged the other day about a $3 trillion spending spree, that I just didn’t see happening. The points I made were: it is the higher income families who have been most comfortable during this lockdown, along with essential workers who have seen no change …
Last year, I blogged about the view of Deutsche Bank regarding the future of payments. They produced three reports: Part I: Cash: The Dinosaur Will Survive… For Now Part II: Moving To Digital Wallets And The Extinction Of Plastic Cards Part III: Digital Currencies: The …
This week’s main headlines include … (via Citadel Advantage)
Interesting to know
- What are the most important Mobile Banking features?
- Post-Pandemic Lessons for Risk Managers
- What Google’s multibillion-dollar Supreme Court victory over Oracle means to developers
- How Much Revenue Big Tech Makes Every Minute
Banks & Credit Unions
- Citi hires FinCEN chief to lead compliance in bank’s new unit
- The Most Popular Mobile Banking Trends In 2021
- How Much Does it Cost to Develop a Banking App?
- Fintech Investments in Banking
- Fintech Chatbots: How AI Chatbots Play A Role In The Fintech Industry
- Eye on fintech: Why the mobile-first banking industry is hot
- Five Banks To Test FedNow Instant Payments System
- Buy now, pay later moves into professional services
- 6 Payments trends for 2021
- How to fix the top 5 cybersecurity vulnerabilities
- After digital payments rush, time to tighten security
- Evolving Cybercrime and Security Challenges: What are CISOs Thinking About?
- When Cybercrime Went from Fun to Financially Driven
- What Are the Different Types of Malware?
- Here’s What AI Will Never Be Able to Do
- A Scientist Taught AI to Generate Pickup Lines. The Results are Chaotic.
- Sorry, Cannot Understand the Language. Wait Chatbots can
- This avocado armchair could be the future of AI