Things we're reading today include ...
- Credit Suisse takes $54bn loan from Swiss central bank after share price plunge
- US banks launch $30bn rescue of First Republic to stem spiraling crisis
- Banks Borrow $164.8 Billion From Fed in Rush to Backstop Liquidity
- Bank rescues ease crisis fears but investors worry it's not enough
- Be serious, conservatives. ‘Wokeness’ didn’t cause Silicon Valley Bank’s demise
- European Central Bank sticks to its guns on interest rates despite market turmoil
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...