Things we're reading today include ...
- UBS agrees 'emergency rescue' of Credit Suisse
- UBS takeover of Credit Suisse: Embattled bank's chairman describes 'historic, sad and very challenging' day
- Bank of England statement: Credit Suisse
- Credit Suisse: Bank rescue damages Switzerland's reputation for stability
- New York Community Bank to buy failed Signature Bank in £2.2 billion deal
- Bank runs, bailouts, rescues: are the ghosts of 2008 rising again?
- Silicon Valley Bank’s collapse will not be a one-off – a banking crisis was long overdue
- Global banking is now inside Schrödinger’s box
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...