My friends at the Industry and Parliamentary Trust are running an important meeting on Thursday 11 June 2009 at Westminster Hall, the Houses of Parliament, London.
The meeting will focus upon the EU's response to the financial crisis and particularly on the EU High-Level Expert Group, led by Jacques de Larosiere, focusing on the reform of financial legislation in Europe.
Their report, highlighting the critical areas that will give impetus to better regulation with the aim of creating a more financially stable Europe, calls for the ECB to chair a proposed European Systemic Risk Council (ESRC) – a pan-European advisory council on financial risk that would be made up of ECB Governors, national supervisors from the financial sectors, and a representative from the European Commission.
This seminar will focus on the findings of this communication and the likely response of the European institutions with confirmed speakers including:
- Philip Dunne MP, Chair of the All Party Corporate Governance Group
- Olivier Girard, DG Internal Market and Services, European Commission
- Dr David Doyle, Senior Policy Advisor, Brunswick (expert in EU financial services)
- Steven Hall, Head of Financial Services, Confederation of British Industry
- Roland Rudd, Founding Chairman of Business for New Europe
- David Shirreff, Britain's Business Correspondent, The Economist
If you would like to attend this event, it costs £195 and you can book through Lynne McDowell.