The Huffington Post published the list of the Top 10 CEO pay packages for 2008.
The list is based upon the Associated Press formula which adds up salary, benefits,
bonuses, preferential interest rates on pay set aside for later and
company estimates for the value of stock options and stock awards on
the day they were granted last year:
1. Aubrey McClendon, Chesapeake Energy Corp., $112.5 million
2. Sanjay Jha, Motorola Inc., $104.4 million
3. Robert Iger, Walt Disney Co., $51.1 million
4. Lloyd Blankfein, Goldman Sachs Group Inc., $42.9 million
5. Kenneth Chenault, American Express Co., $42.9 million
6. Vikram Pandit, Citigroup Inc., $38.2 million
7. Steven Farris, Apache Corp., $37.2 million
8. Louis Camilleri, Philip Morris International Inc., $36.9 million
9. Kevin Johnson, Juniper Networks Inc., $36.1 million
10. Jamie Dimon, JPMorgan Chase & Co., $35.7 million
Four out of ten in the financial community, and one who might have a few questions as to what qualifies them to be in this list based upon recent performance?