Things we're reading today include ...
- Banks becoming 'irrelevant' to big companies
- Jamie Dimon says he would not repeat Bear Stearns 'favour' again
- JP Morgan kicks off Wall Street earnings with focus on jobs
- Goldman Sachs finds no evidence in 'muppet hunt'
- Bank of China executive warns of shadow banking risks
- S&P cuts Spain credit rating to near junk
- The IMF’s annual meetings: Time for a rethink
- Monte dei Paschi di Siena: Monte to climb
- India’s credit rating: Don’t call me junk
- America’s financial system: Law and disorder
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...