Things we're reading today include ...
- Cyprus heads for cliffhanger parliamentary vote on deposits tax
- Cyprus works on tax levy deal to get bailout approved
- Euro ministers urge Cyprus rethink
- Cyprus bank savings raid raises fresh eurozone contagion fears
- Eurocrats engage in Cyprus blame game
- Cyprus banks shut until Thursday
- Moment of madness has turned into a taxing farce for the eurozone
- RBS to spend £700m on improving branches
- HSBC in new money laundering claims
- Citigroup agrees to pay $730 million to settle with investors
- Central banks seeking a role in Libor after the scandal
- Payments Views - The Rise of the Smart Transaction
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...