Things we're reading today include ...
- Cyprus government to take 10% of bank savers' deposits to pay off debt
- U.S. regulators probing high-speed traders for "wash trades"
- S&P warns of socially explosive situation in euro zone
- Bank safety rules are restricting lending and growth, say critics
- 'Blind panic' made ministers take over Bradford & Bingley, investors claim
- Analysis: JPMorgan and other banks tinker with risk models
- EU set to widen bonus clampdown
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...