Things we're reading today include ...
- HSBC disappoints with fall in profits to $20.6bn
- HSBC disappoints market with unexpected 6% fall in profits
- HSBC boss picks up £7.4m package despite 6% fall in profits
- Regulators give capital 'green light' to HSBC
- What would Volcker say about HSBC's investment bank?
- Standard Chartered set for record $7 billion profit despite Iran fine
- Former Lloyds chief Eric Daniels lands private equity job
- Identity crimes push fraud to record high
- With a few tweaks, Funding for Lending could really help business
- PPI complaints rise 'unprecedented'
- Osborne in bankers' bonus battle
- Swiss crackdown turns up the global heat on fat cat pay
- 2013 Forbes Billionaires list: Record number of new entries appear on rich list, but Carlos Slim and Bill Gates still top the charts
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...