Things we're reading today include ...
- Lloyds sees profits rise to £2bn
- Lloyds offloading Spanish branches after Verde blow
- Barclays wins Libor appeal in £70m mis-selling case
- Santander chief Saenz steps down
- Santander springs surprise in Marin
- UBS posts strong first-quarter on trading income surge
- Swiss bank UBS returns to profit
- Deutsche Börse hit by earnings slowdown
- PayPal expands further into stores, but Wal-Mart holds out
- Pan-European trading venue Equiduct finds new investors
- Slapping down Dimon is likely to backfire
- Zames, rising star at JPMorgan, has seen worst of finance
- Solvency II has caused 'confusion and anger' says Conservative MP Andrew Tyrie
- EU insurance rules are 'shocking', says PRA chief Andrew Bailey
- Insight: Why did Cypriot banks keep buying Greek bonds?
- High-frequency traders face limits
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...