Things we're reading today include ...
- Does Canadian money smell of maple syrup?
- U.S. accuses currency exchange of laundering $6 billion
- Net firm accused of laundering $6bn
- Seven charged over ‘cyber criminals’ bank
- Financial gripes 'reach 7,000 a day'
- City staff ready to work overseas
- Payday lenders 'out of control'
- A Tobin tax is unworkable - and Europe's politicians know it
- France's central bank head warns FTT could 'destroy' jobs
- 'EU treaty changes needed' for banking union
- Esma probes Luxembourg regulators
- Local banks for local people
- Hedge fund managers generate billions of returns in record start to year
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...