Things we're reading today include ...
- City culture saw bankers accept ‘holidays and prostitutes in return for lucrative deals’
- Warren Buffett Twitter followers jump
- Financial industry sceptical about watchdog
- RBS reports £826m return to profit
- Metro current accounts are in demand
- Activist investor Knight Vinke calls for break up of UBS
- City turns to lasers for fast trades
- Diamond misjudged public anger over bankers
- Mervyn King had 'no authority' to push me out - Bob Diamond
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...