Things we're reading today include ...
- JPMorgan investigated by DoJ over possible energy market manipulation
- UK 'has lost 40% of bank branches'
- RBS warned over turning down £1.5bn branch bid
- Safe banks do not mean slow growth
- JPMorgan: hiring on all cylinders
- RBS will have to answer to the City if it goes it alone on branch sell-offs
- China to create agency to align financial supervision
- Former Barclays executive Rich Ricci backs new stock exchange
- Fed tells big banks to improve capital planning
- HSBC announces further bank closures
- Judge endorses use of fraud law against Bank of America
- China Everbright Securities blames human error for mistaken bond trade
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...