Things we're reading today include ...
- Treasury 'drove out Stephen Hester to cut pay-off'
- TSB name reappears on high streets
- New UK bank Shawbrook passes one billion pound lending milestone
- Branch fears over Barclays shake-up
- Ex-Citi chief calls for return of bank split
- Double bank capital, says Vickers7
- Bank capital levels still too low, says Sir John Vickers
- Raising banks' leverage ratio will do more harm than good
- City brain drain ‘may hurt growth prospects’
- Interest rate swap scandal: Banks face hidden bill of up to £10bn to settle property developer claims
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...