Things we're reading today include ...
- Arrests over 'cyber plot' to steal from Santander bank
- Banks may have to raise extra £50bn under emerging 'Basel IV'
- Analysis: Five years after Lehman, risk moves into the shadows
- Indonesia’s banks: The good times end
- Electronic payments in Africa: Cash be cowed
- Ex-RBS trader in Hong Kong sentenced to 50 months in jail
- Umpqua to buy Sterling Financial in $2 billion deal
- Lehman aftermath yields $3bn payday
- Spain's debt hits 92.2 percent of GDP at end-June: central bank
- Deutsche Börse plans Asia clearing house
- Wells Fargo: Riding high
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...