Things we're reading today include ...
- British crowdfunding site wants to become a bank
- Accountability goes missing in Iraq bank note scandal
- ECB raps Hungary for neglecting central bank independence
- Bank reform plans could open up text message payments
- Co-op Bank shakes up board ahead of float
- G20, meeting in Washington, to seek answers on looming U.S. debt crisis
- Obama picks Yellen for top Fed job, urges quick Senate approval
- SEC on the prowl for rule breakers big and small, White says
- Profile: Janet Yellen
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...