Things we're reading today include ...
- Regulators to have power to eject bank bosses under stress test plans
- Bad bank chiefs face ousting or, at worst, seven years' in jail
- Banks braced for tough new regime of annual stress tests
- Bankers may be jailed under new law
- Over-complicated RBS must lend more, says new boss
- Bitcoin buzz grows among venture investors, despite risks
- US shares hit by shutdown threat
- Vatican bank unveils first accounts
- Wells Fargo to pay Freddie Mac $869m
- Peer-to-peer firms turn to securitisation
- ECB's Constancio says Europe's banks better than perceptions: FT
- 'Fabulous Fab' asks court to overturn guilty verdict over mortgage fraud
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...