Things we're reading today include ...
- Exits deal blow to Barclays turnround
- Hector Sants – the former City watchdog chief – resigns from Barclays during ‘stress leave’
- Barclays blundered in hiring box-ticker
- Germany under review over role in EU
- As his term nears its end, Bernanke lauds Fed transparency
- UK recovery takes hold, says Bank
- Analysis: Deflation threat in Europe may prompt investment rethink
- U.S. probe of JPMorgan hiring in China involves ex-Premier Wen's daughter - NYTimes
- France concerned over Paris finance hub after ICE-NYSE merger
- LSE earns more from clearing house unit
- Lloyds union prepares strike ballot over cuts to final salary pensions
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...