Things we're reading today include ...
The Co-operative Bank in crisis:
- Co-op group chairman Len Wardle quits over ex-bank chair Paul Flowers drug scandal
- Lidbetter's appointment lays bare the Co-op's governance deficiencies
- Profile: Ursula Lidbetter
- Q&A: What is the co-operative movement?
- Co-op to undergo 'root and branch' governance review
- The Co-op board and a backroom deal that backfired
- Police search home of former Co-op Bank chair Paul Flowers after 'drugs video'
- Christian charity could axe banking agreements with the Co-op
- Flowers scandal puts £1.5bn Co-op Bank rescue 'at risk'
- Ex-Co-op boss defends Britannia union
- Co-op Bank crisis was all too avoidable
- Co-op board’s lack of experience queried
Other things we're reading today include:
- Secret landlords drive mortgage fraud
- How UK banks contain cyber-threats
- Why IT failures are unlikely to go away
- Spanish banks favoured in eurozone recovery
- Eurozone told to turn on money presses or dice with deflation
- JP Morgan in record $13bn settlement
- SEC examiner faces criminal charges
- Trader gets 30 months in prison for $1 billion Apple stock scheme
- China central bank suggests faster tempo for freeing yuan
- Banking and business: there's a price to pay if only money matters
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...