Things we're reading today include ...
Banking Reform Bill:
- Government defeated in Lords over bank reforms
- Bank of England may get new powers
- Osborne asks Bank to consider regulating lenders' capital
- Mark Carney calls for formal powers over bank leverage ratios
- Britain's bankers to face annual checks under draft laws
- RBS report author had to blow £2.6m on loan fees... mostly from RBS
- RBS faces possible criminal investigation
- Santander and Nationwide benefit from bank switching
- UK liable for Scotland's banks in a future crisis
- Revealed: Goldman Sachs clients’ £12m Royal Mail coup
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...