Things we're reading today include ...
- Bitcoin Black Friday: US online retailers attempt to stir up an online shopping frenzy
- Co-operative Bank loses customers after Paul Flowers scandal
- Co-op admits Flowers scandal has damaged reputation
- Co-op Bank's biggest hedge fund sells almost entire stake
- Lord Blackwell to be next Lloyds chairman
- RBS accuser Lawrence Tomlinson hits out at law firm Clifford Chance appointed to probe bank’s actions
- Exclusive: UBS shrinks advisory team for rich in emerging markets
- Exclusive: Ex-UBS banker Weil agrees to be extradited to U.S.
- Barclays Capital ordered to pay $2.1 million to NY trader
- LSE to quit World Federation of Exchanges
- ‘It’s been hard,’ says sacked Glencore trader Andrew Kearns ahead of ruling
- Myners says investors should help pick bank boards
- No gold bars but higher salaries for London bankers with bonus cap
- Online funding markets in war over words
- Small-town banks in America: Wonderful while it lasted
- “Quant” hedge funds: Computer says no
- Financial-sector reform in India: Bridging the gulf
- Slovenia’s financial crisis: Stressed out
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...