Things we're reading today include ...
- Goldman Sachs orders staff to keep Saturday holy: Bank famous for expecting graduates to work 100-hour weeks tells staff that the weekend is not for working
- French banks: vive la différence
- Digital banking: Third time lucky
- Bank of America moves its $19 billion 401(k) plan in-house
- Agency downgrades RBS credit ratings
- Credit cards in South Korea: A swipe at profits
- Barclays to move branches to Asda
- ECB surprises markets with rate cut
- Twitter shares soar in frenzied NYSE debut
- RBS credit rating falls as 'smallpox' subprime lawsuit costs it $154m
- Dorsey’s Square in talks over IPO
- Banks chiefs told by FCA swap compensation 'too slow'
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...