Things we're reading today include ...
U.S. passes Volcker Rule:
- US regulators ban risky trades
- U.S. finalizes Volcker rule, curbing Wall Street's risky trades
- Wall Street banks lose battle over Volcker Rule
- Volcker rule: overruled
- Volcker Rule: Q&A
- Defining prop trading is hard enough, but good governance?
And, in other news:
- JPMorgan files patent on ‘Bitcoin’ system
- US bank wants 'Bitcoin-like' scheme
- Several plead guilty to Paypal hack
- Swiss bank Valiant is first to bow to U.S. tax probe
- RBS finance chief Nathan Bostock quits after just 10 weeks
- Payday loan ads on TV soar to 400,000
- The Impact of Debit Card Regulation on Checking Account Fees
- Europe edges toward plan to close failing banks
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...