Things we're reading today include ...
- EU watchdog aims to cool Bitcoin fever
- Bitcoin: Price v hype
- Bitcoin start-up raises $25m funding
- Former Icelandic bank bosses jailed
- Bank of America's Merrill to pay $132 million in SEC case over mortgages
- Analysis: SEC plans to take more cases to trial despite losses
- British businesses take off with bank's growth fund
- Lord Myners appointed to Co-operative Group board
- Bank warns of dangers from a great wall of Chinese liquidity
- Why the Volcker Rule won't stop bad behaviour
- Wisdom of crowdfunding questioned
- Online spending up by 16%
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...