Things we're reading today include ...
- 'Banks need to take on Amazon and Google or die', BBVA CEO
- RBS and NatWest in 'Cyber Monday' payment cards meltdown
- RBS: we've let down our customers with computer fault
- NatWest and RBS Cyber Monday card glitch: Bank has under-invested in systems for 'decades' admits Ross McEwan as customers set to receive compensation
- RBS IT 'glitch' leaves bank facing £1bn bill
- Chinese Yuan surpasses Euro as second most used currency in global finance
- MPs condemn Money Advice Service as 'not fit for purpose'
- EU to hold marathon talks on new securities law
- Japan regulator to sanction Deutsche Securities for excessive client entertainment: sources
- Scandal-hit Spain drops 10 places in global corruption index led by Somalia, North Korea and Afghanistan
- Banks braced for large EU fines over Libor
- KPMG told former Co-op Bank chief to 'tone down' report on lender's financial health
- Co-op auditors KPMG grilled over Verde collapse: as it happened
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...