Things we're reading today include ...
- Santander stars pull in million customers as bank rules out immediate UK float
- Santander IPO delayed by regulatory indecision
- Gifts, perks and Moroccan luxury: How Goldman Sachs 'won over Libyans'
- Goldman sued by Libyan fund over $350m profits
- Goldman CEO receives estimated $23 million pay package
- HSBC shares spike 10% on 'fat finger' error
- So long, Ben Bernanke
- Europe plans more transparency in repo market
- EC lays out risk plans for 'too-big-to-fail' banks
- China's loan sharks circle in murky shadow bank waters
This week's Economist:
- Shadow banking in China: Credit paroled
- Safeguarding European banks: Volcker plus
- Bitcoin: Bitten
- ICBC and Standard Bank: Limited partnership
- Microfinance: Poor service
- Buttonwood: The coin has two faces
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...