Things we're reading today include ...
- Shell-shocked Barclays out to ‘limit damage’ of stolen customer data
- Barclays unveils £5.2bn profits a day earlier in wake of confidential data theft
- Barclays posts profit figures early
- Boss of RBS says behaviour must change 'at every level'
- Anglo Irish Bank trial: executives lied before bailout, Sean Quinn tells court
- Bitcoin plunges after marketplace indefinitely halts withdrawals
- Eurozone watchdog says some banks should go under: FT
- Banks face new industry benchmarks
- Bloomberg continues to dominate financial data market despite snooping scandal
- Banking clean-up plan revealed
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...