Things we're reading today include ...
- Barclays to cut up to 12,000 jobs
- Red faces for Barclays after sensitive figures leak
- Barclays to cut 12,000 jobs as bonus pool jumps 10% despite slump in profits
- Barclays – asymmetry of pain
- Deal queen set to sue Barclays over Abu Dhabi funding
- Regulator questions reasons for Co-op chief's departure
- Bitcoin hit by denial of service attacks as regulators prepare clampdown
- Fewer than one in five Britons trust Bitcoin
- Andrew Bailey denies Bank of England knew of forex market manipulation
- More cuts for paper bank statements
- Ex-FSA chief calls for massive increase in banks’ capital reserves
- Janet Yellen testimony: key points
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...