Things we're reading today include ...
- Mark Carney: RBS could leave independent Scotland
- Lloyds’ pension cap to generate £1bn gain
- Barclays slides on trading volume concern
- Silicon Valley wires a fortune to UK start-up
- Banks 'hindering' small businesses
- Payday lenders face debt probe
- Ecobank board removes CEO following months of turmoil
- Co-op accepts resignation of chief executive Euan Sutherland
- Italy's biggest bank in record loss
- Beware Bitcoin: U.S. brokerage regulator
- NY plans 'regulated' Bitcoin exchanges
- Hedge fund sues five banks over gold ‘manipulation’
- China to launch private bank pilot program
- Exclusive: China central bank ready to cut bank reserves if growth falters - sources
- Top Citigroup executives take lead on Banamex probe: WSJ
- 'No evidence' Bank of England knew about foreign exchange rate rigging
- Bank of England's Paul Fisher: 'It's not our job to go hunting for market wrongdoing'
- Has Britain's monetary policy started a future crisis?
- ECB to take tough stance in health check on banks
- M&A banking tables rank highly for flaws
- Remittance businesses draw interest
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...