Things we're reading today include ...
- Top lawyer Angela Cobbina sues ABN Amro over 'racist remarks' after losing baby
- Virgin Money swings to profit as it rules out plans for imminent IPO
- Virgin Money could IPO as early as next year
- Traditional bank branch is dead, insists Virgin Money boss Jayne-Anne Gadhia
- Barclays: We paid bonuses to avoid 'death spiral'
- StanChart to sharpen strategy after rare profit drop
- Bitcoin bank Flexcoin shuts down after theft
- Who is the reclusive billionaire creator of Bitcoin?
- Lehman creditors to recoup their money
- Bank of England's new plans mean reckless bankers could be stripped of bonuses even after they have cashed them in
- Financial Ombudsman complaints rise
- Citi investors alerted over revenue declines
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...