Things we're reading today include:
- 'Heartbleed' computer bug threat spreads to firewalls and beyond
- Treasury could cut RBS stake following dividend deal
- Citigroup CEO faces grilling over failed plan, missed target
- DoJ probes Citigroup unit over suspicious transactions: WSJ
- How is the Co-operative Group run?
- Icahn drops eBay call to sell PayPal
- Exclusive: SEC eyes test that may lead to shift away from 'dark pools'
- Watchdog FINRA probes banks' bond transactions: WSJ
- Bank account switches top 600,000
- City regulator to investigate £8bn overdraft market
- Overdrafts 'complex and poor value'
- Start-ups vie to make online credit work
- What's lurking inside the Bank of England's vaults?
This week's Economist:
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...