Things we're reading today include ..
- Facebook targets financial services
- Myners says he backs Co-op values
- ECB signals further monetary stimulus
- Citi makes further cuts to trading arm
- UK watchdog targets bankers with big rise in penalties
- Tensions over money flows bode poorly for global economy
- Bitcoin bound for ‘guns and gold crowd’
- Did Blue Arrow make bank fraud untriable?
- Pay rises as City feels skills scarcity
- EU to approve bank rules before May election slows legislative machine
- US bank regulation: will it ever end?
- London’s ‘fintech’ start-ups aim high
- Families on 'financial knife-edge'
- Whistleblower reveals errors in Barclays PPI calculations
- Europe's top banks cut 80,000 more staff in post-crisis overhaul
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...