Things we're reading today include ...
- Oz bank in comedy Heartbleed blog FAIL
- Heartbleed hackers hit Mumsnet
- Citi posts higher income as troubled assets perform better
- Citigroup still has a way to go in cost-cutting program
- Mexico bank regulator, Citigroup report second fraud at Banamex
- Monte Paschi may need to raise up to 5 billion euros in cap hike: ANSA
- Mt. Gox founder won't appear in U.S. for questions about bankruptcy case
- Bitcoin promoter Shrem indicted in NY for money laundering
- Banks fiddled while Rome burned: how to predict the next global financial crisis
- Pain in Spain as bank warns of 10-year jobs blight and public debt leaps €8.1bn
- EU chief pledges crackdown on ‘flash boy’ high-frequency traders
- Why Europe needs the City's financial weapons of mass destruction
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...