Things we're reading today include ...
- Brits embrace digital banking
- Banks could lose monopoly on gold fix
- Thorough reform of gold fix needed, says World Gold Council
- Don't waste time fixing gold fix, it's obsolete
- Pope cuts Vatican bank down to size
- Vatican Bank faces dramatic downsizing
- Vatican bank to be scaled back, restructured: sources
- Payday complaints double since 2012
- Complaints about payday lenders soar despite fears of ‘shame factor’
- Ana Botin: Santander's unlikely revolutionary takes on the banking establishment
- Santander boss Ana Botin warns over bank rules
- Former Barclays chief Diamond joins Twitter
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...