Things we're reading today include ...
- Goldman Sachs 'charmed Gadaffi-era sovereign wealth fund employees with girls and alcohol' in trip to Morocco
- 'Heavy drinking and girls' on Libyan investors' Goldman-funded trips
- Exclusive: BNP asks other banks for help as dollar clearing ban nears
- Iranian banking newcomer struggles as fear of sanctions hits humanitarian deals
- U.S., UK regulators might settle Deutsche Bank Libor case this year: WSJ
- JPMorgan Chase hackers tried infiltrating other institutions: WSJ
- Banks face rising threat from cyber crime
- Lloyds 'to slash thousands of jobs' in restructuring plan
- Bank of England to protect deposits of up to £1m under new rules
- Savings up to £1m to be protected
- There would have been a far better way to protect Britain's bank deposits
- Funding Circle boosted by peer-to-peer as revenue rockets 177%
- FSOC may tweak process for spotting super-risky firms
- Michael Bloomberg is knighted
- Ex-Treasury Secretary Paulson says AIG bailout was punitive
- Financial services 'bouncing back'
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...