Things we're reading today include ...
- Flash crash explainer: how 'the Hound of Hounslow' could have caused one of the scariest days in stock market history
- Funding Circle raises $150m in new round
- Bitcoin Island: the currency comes clean
- Switzerland 'world's happiest place'
- We are becoming immune to the banks' disgraceful behaviour
- Deutsche Bank tops table of wrongdoers with $2.5bn Libor fines
- McFarlane vows change at Barclays as he is urged to 'bring chainsaw'
- Halifax edges ahead of Santander wins in current account battle
- Skyward march
- Default is not in the stars
- Fed up
- HSBC launches review into whether to leave the UK
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...