Things we're reading today include ...
- HSBC leaving the UK could force sale of high street bank
- HSBC considering spinning off British retail bank: Sunday Times
- HSBC gives FTSE 100 renewed boost
- Lloyds takes £640m hit from TSB's Spanish sale
- Deutsche Bank first-quarter profit falls by half as legal charges bite
- Deutsche Bank seeks to cut €3.5bn costs
- Small Talk: The crowdfunding industry has had three years of dramatic growth
- More central banks meet, but ability to pilot economies in doubt
- "Smaller and simpler" mantra rings through banking boardrooms
- If Greece falls, no one wants their prints on the murder weapon
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...