Things we're reading today include ...
- Gloomy outlook for UK banking sector
- Standard Chartered profits down
- End of the bank holiday? Almost 100 NatWest and Barclays branches to be open in end of 144-year tradition
- Ending bank holidays? I don't know why we haven't done it sooner
- HSBC shares leap on prospect of UK bank sale
- Exclusive: Deutsche's radical revamp foiled by ECB stress test
- Deutsche Bank strategy met with scepticism
- Investors question Deutsche Bank's overhaul
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...