Things we're reading today include ...
- Surprise! People don't actually hate their banks after all
- High street banks must go the same way as shipyards
- VIDEO: Bank fine has worldwide implications
- Monte Paschi signs underwriting agreement with banks for cash call
- JP Morgan investors told they can't sue bank over $6bn London Whale loss
- HSBC wins reversal of $2.46 billion Household judgment
- UK moves towards cashless society
- Andrew Bailey makes an unlikely witch-finder general
- VIDEO: Is cash no longer king?
- How criminal charges became another day at the office for banks
This week's Economist:
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...