Things we're reading today include ...
- British banks pay £12bn in penalties
- Citigroup seen shutting Banamex USA unit: WSJ
- Lloyds retail share sale confirmed
- UK banks launch reviews over 'corrupt' Fifa payments
- China opens door for Visa and MasterCard
- Dame Colette Bowe interview: How the economist plans to restore our trust in the banks
- New StanChart boss faces cash call, dividend squeeze
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...